124 sedan pedal box (3 pedals), 124 Coupe driveshaft

FIAT cars and parts wanted
cgranju
duemila club
Last Name:

124 sedan pedal box (3 pedals), 124 Coupe driveshaft

Post by cgranju » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:09 pm

The pedal box is different for a 124 sedan than a 124 Sport, right?

Anyway, I guess the title says it all. I guess this is as likely a group of people is any actually have these send me obscure parts laying around. Not in a big hurry for either but I thought I’d go ahead and put a feeler out.

Thanks in advance!
Chris Granju
sunny East TN
owner of a number of Fiats built prior to 1986
friedman
mille club
Last Name:

Re: 124 sedan pedal box (3 pedals), 124 Coupe driveshaft

Post by friedman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:56 am

Don't assume the pedal boxes are different, I converted my sedan to five speed and don't recall getting a sedan specific pedal box. Alternatively, you probably could use the pedals and bushings from a spider pedal box and install them in your sedan box.
Carl in Virginia
75 spider
83 Bertone
davedecker4
Last Name: Decker
First Name: Dave

Post by davedecker4 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Yeah, are you trying to go from AT to manual in a sedan? I think you can use the sedan AT pedal box and add correct pedals and adjust spacers. Do you have the box at all? I think I have an AT pedal box from prior project. I may be able to dig out a pedal too, let me know what you need. I have couple driveshafts too, but shipping may be costly. Perhaps you only need one of the sections? Can you measure what length you need? Then I can check what I have that matches.
Dave Decker
a 'couple' Fiats and Lancia's
cgranju
duemila club
Last Name:

Post by cgranju » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Yes, this would be for an auto ->manual conversion, so I do have a sedan box & I definitely have plenty of pedals. I haven't had a chance to really look, but I'll check what I have to work with & based on the comments here I'm betting I'll be okay. The driveshaft difference between spiders & sedans/coupes is in the front section, so at least it's the shorter piece. I seriously doubt I'll be able to find a Coupe driveshaft locally (unless it's one of my own), but I suppose I could pick one up on a road trip.

thanks!
Chris Granju
sunny East TN
owner of a number of Fiats built prior to 1986
friedman
mille club
Last Name:

Post by friedman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 am

I think coupe and sedan driveshafts are the same, differing only if auto or manual. I know when I went to five speed from auto in my sedan I had to get a coupe front section. Start looking for that as soon as you can!
Carl in Virginia
75 spider
83 Bertone